2016 Botswana Wrap

bythom INT BOTS August 2016  Moremi D500 21819.jpg

I’m back home writing this penultimate post (yes, there’s another). There’s a pile of stories I haven’t told, a heap of photos I haven’t shown. 

The Nxai Pan group, for instance, found a cheetah with cubs and spent a long evening at Baines Baobabs photographing them under the Milky Way. I spent another day chasing zebra and elephants. The Victoria Falls group did all the sunset and sightseeing things you’d do there, including some flying over the falls themselves. I never did tell you what we did to prank Shane’s vehicle (hint: he was driving around Savute the next day with “I LUV BIG CATS” plastered on one side of the Land Cruiser, and that was just a leftover bit of what we did). I’ve left out several interesting sightings. I haven’t shown some of my favorite photos from the trip because they didn’t fit the stories I was telling.

But those are all stories and photos for another day. As you might guess, after spending three full weeks in Botswana shooting and teaching and running around constantly I ended up a bit on the tired side. Good thing my last stop had a pool with a view ;~). Unfortunately, my blog entries finally petered out while I was still in Africa, and I’m not going to try to resurrect the last couple of days for you, especially since I wasn’t present for some of what happened. It’s time for me to take a nap, like that lion up above.

Thus Shane and I (and Tony) will just say our goodbyes for this year. Perhaps I’ll blog next year’s trip and start the whole thing over again. I hope you enjoyed the show…I think I speak for everyone that we sure enjoyed being in it.

bythom 8-10-moremi ap-16.jpg

Looking for gear-specific information? Check out our other Web sites:
DSLRS: dslrbodies.com | mirrorless: sansmirror.com | Z System: zsystemuser.com | film SLR: filmbodies.com

bythom.com: all text and original images © 2024 Thom Hogan
portions Copyright 1999-2023 Thom Hogan
All Rights Reserved — the contents of this site, including but not limited to its text, illustrations, and concepts,
may not be utilized, directly or indirectly, to inform, train, or improve any artificial intelligence program or system. 

Advertisement: